What fun we are having now......so I just have to share it with you!
Continued dog drama and hilarious remodel remain the focus of our lives on the Blvd...... so here goes.....
I was working away in my office at home and kept hearing the funniest noise from Lucy, the beagle. She had one of those “dryer balls” (the kind that are advertised on tv and I looked over and SHE WAS EATING IT. Okay, so half of it was gone. I freaked out and called Stephen. He said, at first, “she will just poop it out” and then thought twice and rushed home from dinner. I was checking her abdomen for swelling and was “praying” that she did not become afflicted with the same thing that Mocha had a couple of weeks ago.... because IT WOULD BE MY FAULT. She was happy as could be. I speedy quick got on the internet to see if dryer balls are toxic. No info. I wondered if we should get an ultrasound of her stomach but quickly decided not since it would be $500. We continue to search the yard to verify that it has “come out” but can’t find “it”. If it is still not found when we put the new flooring in I might spring for an ultrasound. I am way too old for dog drama.....and speaking of dog drama. The furminator products are working very well on Buddy. Or maybe I have just grown accustomed to puffing dog hair all over the floor. So one more dog story..... I do not get this drill. So Buddy was an outside dog for years. Now that he is inside, he “needs” to be with someone all of the time. He used to hang out under the green machine truck in the garage and only saw people a couple of times a day. Now he moves from room to room with whoever is home. What is that all about? Also, if he is in the room, Lucy is in the room too. She is a puppy and she is a climber/jumper dog who has WAY too much energy. Poor Buddy.....he lays down and she pounces. He spends half of his life cowering over his “privates” because that darn Lucy is always trying to bite them to get Buddy to play. That is so not funny but it works. Up he pops and around and around he moves backwards so that he can watch her at all times to keep her away from his privates.....she misses and bites his leg and he lunges for her. Poor guy. He is also in dog hell. Lucy hell is more like it. I bet he will sleep for a month when she finally goes back to school....and he might even do it on his back when he no longer has to protect his jewels from a biting toddler beagle.
So now we get to the remodel update. It is just hilarious. If the workers came to work every day, we would be done. They do not. I think that most of them have three or four jobs going at all times so they can only show up every 4th day or so. That could work to my advantage though. Here is why.....we(Rob and I) leave this afternoon to drive to Houston to catch a 7AM flight tomorrow to Georgia and then to West VA. So we are also getting a new breaker box. That happens tomorrow. It is 105 degrees outside and the ac will be off all day. Not good to start with but especially not good for me......I will, however, be lounging on an airplane having a nice leisurely day . We do have some REALLY great workers......one of the very best is the trim carpenter. His name is Vince. We found him on Craigs list. I would like for him to come back every day for a year and joust move from room to room and build things . He is great but his wife is amazing.....so they have a seven month old and a 3 year old and THEY ALL COME TO WORK WITH HIM.... the three year old told me yesterday that he loves to go to work at Home Depot....while other kids are whining wanting a happy meal and no nap this little kid is sanding wood in our kitchen. You think I am kidding but I am not. Just now, his dad started playing Michaels guitar and he was AMAZING! Today he is going to go to work on the garage doors. We are having industrial strength doors with wood on the front installed. It is a very big deal but it is what I want so that is what we are getting (imagine that)......hopefully while we are gone the sheetrock work and cabinet refinishing will happen, but I won’t hold my breath. It would be so great to miss that but as long as I miss the electricity being out for a day I will not complain.
On Saturday Rob and I were in the big screen room cutting out the nasty carpet. A van stops in the front and a guy walks up to the front door. I am not in beauty queen shape because I have been at work all day.....but I am better than Rob so I answer. They guy says..."would you sell your house to my mother in law?" I start looking around for the hidden camera because I am convinced that it must be a joke somehow.....then he tells me that his mother in law is in the car and I call Rob and he starts talking to the guy and I go out to the van. They think that we might be moving because we have the pod in our driveway. I hear Rob say "everything is for sale for the right price" and I think NO WAY! I have waited 14 years and I am FINALLY getting it the way that I want it and now someone wants to buy it ??? I don't think so. When she finds out that it is 2700 feet she says "it does not look that big" and I breathe a sigh of relief. Then I get her number and start calling other people who have one stories that at 2000 to 2200 square feet. If I find one for her, she won't want mine.....and no, I did not admit that I was a real estate agent and I did not invite her in to look at my house that is full of puffing dog hair.
Later....
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment