Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I blew it.....




It is early on Wednesday morning and I have been up for hours....it seems that the construction dust is not making my allergies happy.....or maybe mt allergies are happy but I am not.....When, oh when, will this be over???? Okay, I am not pitiful....and a night with only a few hours sleep will soon be forgotten.


So last night I got a call at 5:40PM. Significant complaint call (work) and I got stuck on the phone until 7PM. So, while I was on the phone my cell phone kept buzzing away....one from Stephens cell, one from Robs cell, two from the home phone. As soon as I got off, I called home and Rob said "Kim and Maddie have been waiting because you were all supposed to go to church for Beach Week orientation..... I told Kim to just go on her own". I can not believe that I totally forgot. Poor Michael. He must get his forgetfulness from me..... so Rob rushes out to the church and gets the paperwork and saves the day. Thank heavens. I blew it. Not the first or last time that will happen though.....add another step on my guilt ladder.


Stephen has been home from A & M for the summer and is doing an internship at Northwestern Mutual. So that means, basically, that he is selling financial services (insurance and such). He is supposed to go back to school in a couple of weeks. He has been driving the same vehicle since he turned 16 and has never had an accident. Poor guy......now he has had a n accident and he was not even driving. In typical Edwards chaos, he was trying to save $99 by flushing the radiator himself. That will now cost him $1000. It seems that he had the parking break on (in the driveway) and the car rolled back and hit a tree. Now just hitting the tree from the back would not be as bad.....the driver side door was open and that is what hit the tree and it crumpled up....broken window, etc. There in a flash, went his entire summers work. poof! gone! ......


Everywhere I turn there seems to be a child or worker with their hand out needing money. Man oh man I need for the summer to be over.


So the sheetrocker guy came yesterday and "mudded over the old texture in the kitchen"....they say that they will put the texture on today and be able to paint tomorrow! Yippee! The plumber also comes tomorrow and will install the garbage disposal and dishwasher. No more sink washing of my coffee cup! I am just so excited about the idea of having a cup that has not been sterilized with hydrogen peroxide to drink my coffee out of!


Rob took Michael to the mall to try to find a used phone for him. We are NOT about to buy that kid another phone. The last phone we got him he called a girl phone (it was)....now I think that he should get one of those bag phones like we carried around in the early 90's.....no way would he leave a bag phone on the side of a mountain stream in Colorado. No luck yet. He leaves for saltwater fishing camp on sunday and he "needs" a phone......we want him to have the phone so that we can hear from him but we don't want him to lose ANOTHER phone.


Last night, after the failed phone shopping trip, Michael came into the big screen room and said, look at my "XXX XXX cool shorts" that I got to wear at my next gig. It seems that he and his band mates all went and bought these silly little spandex type shorts. They are trying to mimic the 80's bands.....how hilaroius is that? Okay so I did just about die. What the heck ever. He is NOT wearing those stupid things. I thought about makinghim wear them to my birthday lunch to make everyone laugh at him.....hmmmm....that sounds like an even better idea today.


Last report is that Rob went to the leather place and found what he perceives is the perfect sofa ....it is leather and a sectional AND it has two recliners.....now you will have to crawl through the shrubs and enter through the window to get to it but that is a minor detail. Of course, you could also crawl over the back of it to sit in it too. What the heck am I missing here, folks?


And so it goes at the Edwards on the Blvd......

No comments: