Hello! It has been a Hilarious week at the Edwards on the Blvd. So yesterday (Saturday) Rob and I were on our second trip to Home Depot in less than two hours and I turned and looked at him and said “What in the heck did we do before this remodel???” I am not sure but, I want to find out. We are past the totally wrecked out phase but still in the “where the heck do we want that to go, phase”.....sort of moving this back but not totally and I know that you all know exactly what I mean. It is exhausting.
So last night at 9:10 I made a Chick fil A run. We had Texadelphia for lunch. I get in the drive through line and order. It came out to $26.00. When the heck did “fast” get so expensive??? Oh well, at least it was predictable....as every time we get food from there is tastes EXACTLY as it did the last time. I am almost ready for a grocery store run but need to put shelf paper down first .....
So here are some random thoughts.....
......“Helen, listen to this” said remodeler Rob. “I don’t hear anything, Rob”......”I know, I know, listen to how quiet the dishwasher is”, said Rob. Just wondering why I should listen if I can’t hear anything?
While cleaning sink I think....”wow, for a dishwasher that makes no noise when it is washing dishes it sure is loud when the water drains out......by the way, what the heck is that on my feet? Yikes it is dirty dishwater” Not to be out done by the dishwasher, I speedy quick open the door to the cabinet under the sink and out pours dirty dishwater. I pull open the dishwasher (this was my most brilliant move of the day and that stops the water shooting out of the dishwasher pipe.....and start screaming.....“MICHAEL, GET UP AND COME HELP ME.” He dutifully comes into the kitchen, looks down at the waterfall coming out from the sink and puts his “almost 14 year old brain to work” and says, “whoa, what is that? And grabs A SINGLE PAPER TOWEL.....so I race to the hall bath and grab four towels and send him to find Rob. Yes, it matters if all of the pipes are not snugly fitted together. At least I was standing at the sink or we would have dirty dishwater all over or nifty new cabinets and everything else.
....It is 8PM.....time to put the feet up and relax.....not. I pour “stripper” on an old cabinet and start scraping away to get the varnish off.....and then I scrape and scrape and scrape. Man oh man, now I know why my mom told me to get someone else to do it. There is about 10 seconds of joy as I watch the varnish stuff bubble up and then two hours of pain in sanding etc. UGH I forced myself to put some on the three tone cabinet that went with my chairs years ago so I would have to finish it.....BUT the distressed look just might work for me....kidding of course.
.....Lights are in. Yippee. Now that we have a chandelier in the fireplace room we are seeing all kinds of stuff on the ceiling. There are benefits to dim lighting for sure.
.....Drum racket. Oh my, does an almost 14 year playing drums on a laminate floor ever make some racket. Enough said.
....On second thought, who says there must be shelf paper on shelves anyway? It is not like we will wipe them down.....ever.
.....“No, you may not put all 40 of those cozies that have not been used in ten years back up in the cabinet!”
....Did you know that it takes 20 seconds for a tile company to charge you $1800 and a week to return it? Poor Steve at Architera, I know when he heard my voice he was convinced that I was going to come in there with my head spinning on my shoulders. I could not get the backsplash that I wanted and now I can’t get my money back? Whatever, Buddy. If you don’t make sure it happens, I will be over there on Monday. It went into my account on Friday. Problem solved....sort of.
.....Enter Mr Tile. What amazingly nice people are there. Very, very helpful. I found the glass bricks that I wanted for the backsplash and now all we have to do is pick the stone to go with it. Yuck. I actually don’t even care.....yes I do, but not today. I am tired of making decisions......
.....Backsplash decision made with the help of Kim and Mom. I order it tomorrow and that is basically the last decision until we buy furniture. Ugh....more shopping.
Am off to sand a cabinet....
So last night at 9:10 I made a Chick fil A run. We had Texadelphia for lunch. I get in the drive through line and order. It came out to $26.00. When the heck did “fast” get so expensive??? Oh well, at least it was predictable....as every time we get food from there is tastes EXACTLY as it did the last time. I am almost ready for a grocery store run but need to put shelf paper down first .....
So here are some random thoughts.....
......“Helen, listen to this” said remodeler Rob. “I don’t hear anything, Rob”......”I know, I know, listen to how quiet the dishwasher is”, said Rob. Just wondering why I should listen if I can’t hear anything?
While cleaning sink I think....”wow, for a dishwasher that makes no noise when it is washing dishes it sure is loud when the water drains out......by the way, what the heck is that on my feet? Yikes it is dirty dishwater” Not to be out done by the dishwasher, I speedy quick open the door to the cabinet under the sink and out pours dirty dishwater. I pull open the dishwasher (this was my most brilliant move of the day and that stops the water shooting out of the dishwasher pipe.....and start screaming.....“MICHAEL, GET UP AND COME HELP ME.” He dutifully comes into the kitchen, looks down at the waterfall coming out from the sink and puts his “almost 14 year old brain to work” and says, “whoa, what is that? And grabs A SINGLE PAPER TOWEL.....so I race to the hall bath and grab four towels and send him to find Rob. Yes, it matters if all of the pipes are not snugly fitted together. At least I was standing at the sink or we would have dirty dishwater all over or nifty new cabinets and everything else.
....It is 8PM.....time to put the feet up and relax.....not. I pour “stripper” on an old cabinet and start scraping away to get the varnish off.....and then I scrape and scrape and scrape. Man oh man, now I know why my mom told me to get someone else to do it. There is about 10 seconds of joy as I watch the varnish stuff bubble up and then two hours of pain in sanding etc. UGH I forced myself to put some on the three tone cabinet that went with my chairs years ago so I would have to finish it.....BUT the distressed look just might work for me....kidding of course.
.....Lights are in. Yippee. Now that we have a chandelier in the fireplace room we are seeing all kinds of stuff on the ceiling. There are benefits to dim lighting for sure.
.....Drum racket. Oh my, does an almost 14 year playing drums on a laminate floor ever make some racket. Enough said.
....On second thought, who says there must be shelf paper on shelves anyway? It is not like we will wipe them down.....ever.
.....“No, you may not put all 40 of those cozies that have not been used in ten years back up in the cabinet!”
....Did you know that it takes 20 seconds for a tile company to charge you $1800 and a week to return it? Poor Steve at Architera, I know when he heard my voice he was convinced that I was going to come in there with my head spinning on my shoulders. I could not get the backsplash that I wanted and now I can’t get my money back? Whatever, Buddy. If you don’t make sure it happens, I will be over there on Monday. It went into my account on Friday. Problem solved....sort of.
.....Enter Mr Tile. What amazingly nice people are there. Very, very helpful. I found the glass bricks that I wanted for the backsplash and now all we have to do is pick the stone to go with it. Yuck. I actually don’t even care.....yes I do, but not today. I am tired of making decisions......
.....Backsplash decision made with the help of Kim and Mom. I order it tomorrow and that is basically the last decision until we buy furniture. Ugh....more shopping.
Am off to sand a cabinet....

1 comment:
Wow, it looks stunning, we must come see it in person!!
love you,
Emily
Post a Comment